Skip to main content

Effective memory; The self-growth-journal pt 1

I always had a journal, but I admit never organized it. After watching youtube videos and doing research. I had the motivation to start one myself. One, where I could put all my knowledge into, and where I could write all the things I want to. This is part-one in part-two I will talk about how you can create a brilliant journal where you will feel at home. I think I have found my way in journalling, hopefully you will do after this serie. So, Today I will share you why you will benefits from creating your own self-growth journal.

Why you should consider starting a journal,

1, You will increase your own memory up till 90%. Studies shows us that by writing and thinking it down you will grow your memory and remember more. So you will still know what that book is about you read last year. And remember when your friends birthday is ;)

2, You will discover yourself more and more. By writing down thoughts and emotions. You will see how you behave and will learn from your own experience. Simply by writing down thought. And how you would behave now if the same situation is coming back. This is one of the best benifits for developing yourself. And you'll see the results quickly.

3, You will increase your writings. Every time you write down in your journal you will gain growth in your writings. Because you will become a day to day writer. So, hopefully I'll soon get a better handwriting.

4, It is a space for only you. It connect you with your dreams. What you love and get to know your conscious. When you live with parents or roommates. There is no one to judge you. It is just such a freedom of writing. It is only you and yourself :)

5, You will be more creative. You will draw, write, paint. Whatever it is just so wonderful to create new things everyday, which you can reflect back too. Tip; look on pinterest for inspiration. There is so much fun things to do with a journal!

6, It will give you an overview of your life. Whenever you will look back you will see your personal growth. It so wonderful to see how much you grow each day.  I think it is a great benefit from keeping a journal. And in my unorganized life it is kind of necessary. I'm sure you'll have a more organized life after developing the habit of using the journal.

The next thing to do is to create your own personal journal. You will learn how in part-two of this two-part serie “ Effective memory; The self-growth-journal ”. Hope you enjoy it, let me know, down below. See you next time!

Ingmar Heikens
5/3/2018

Journal therapy is all about using personal material as a way of documenting an experience, and learning more about yourself in the process.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recontextualization; a change in framing

One day, about two or three years ago, my little brother stole my bar of chocolate. I was mad and lost my respect towards him. Later on that day I asked ‘Why did you steal my bar of chocolate?”. He said “Because it is mine”. I said “No it isn’t”. “Yes it is” he kept saying. Then my mom came in the room and asked why I didn’t eat my chocolate bar. My perspective changed; I could n’t find my bar and I said that he stole it , which he didn’t. My facts didn’t changed but the way I looked at it did. This is called recontextualization. The importance of Recontextualization When we get the inside in this phenomena we learn how we can change or perspectives. It also opens up the possibility of radically changing your understanding of a situation or facts without changing the facts. In my opinion, reality can hide the things that are in our reach. It helps us to put the right things in the proper context. Another example, ‘a man is jumping’. Think for a second a

The game of money

I, myself, had never a good view about money. Money just was there to get me something. My parents always bought things for me. Last week started thinking about it what it is and why people have so many problems with it. Because I thought is was just simple, but is it? The problem with money These days people are getting more and more materialism (including myself). Materialism means that people buy this because of emotional triggers such as breaking up, thinking they will be more fulfilled. And to solve this problem you certainly don’t have to buy things. You have to look at yourself. Look at your inner game. Look at what kind of beliefs you have about money. And perhaps write them down. Think by yourself about your own long term view. Because thats what counts. Not your fulfillment at that time. I know it is hard, I have been there myself. But you can do this, you can start right now. And if you aren’t buying because of emotional triggers, good job! The definition of money